Port Jefferson will host the 2nd annual Spooktacular / Harvest Festival from noon to dusk on Sunday Oct 23, 2011. This unique Port Jeff festival is cross between a country Harvest Festival and a Halloween spectacular complete with costumed street characters by DarsideProductions and scary seasonal scarecrow displays around the Village. Sponsored by the Economic Development Council a full day of events are planned. Like most plans, they are subject to change and in this case are presented in no particular order.
- Complimentary samples of Boo Brew at the newly opened Port Jeff Brewing Company in Chandler Square
- Marshmallow Roast & Wood Carving – all day in Steamroom Parking lot across from PJ Ferry
- Chowder Crawl-New England Clam Competition- Sign up in front of Village Way Restaurant
- Afternoon Parade of 100 Costumed Dogs-starting on E.Main ( Fetch) Street best viewing lower Main Street
- Outside Movie- The Mummy (1932) at Harborfront Park-bring a chair and blanket
- AT PJ Library there will be craft projects & face painting between 1-4
- Pumpkin Craving and other fun activities at PJ Village Center from noon to dusk
- Classic Car by Still Crusin, will be on display on Mill Creek Road
- Scare Crow walk on East Main Street
- Antique Farm Machinery& Engines will be on display behind Chase Bank
- Expect Music throughout the Village
- Complimentary wine tasting from 1 to 4:30pm at Vine 2 Wine - 318 Wynn Lane
- Trick or Treating at participating Stores around the village
- More Info: Call Port Jeff Chamber at 631-473-1414
Don’t forget to Stay for Dinner…. Port Jeff’s Restaurant week begins on 10/23 with special deals at participating restaurants in Port Jeff Village.