We Invite you to Buy, Eat and Play Local. Port Jefferson is one of the hottest destinations on Long Island with a great selection of fine restaurants, retails stores, unique boutiques, live music, a seasonal farmer market, and the natural charm of it’s pristine harbor & waterfront.
The Harbor and Danford Hotel & Marina are popular destinations with boaters. There is always something happening at The Port Jefferson Village Center. During the summer the harbor walk and the fishing dock are popular and during the the winter months, the outdoor skating ring right behind The Port Jeff Village Center is fun. Whether you are planning on spending a couple of hours or the whole day in Port Jeff, there is always an array of activities for the entire family. Port Jefferson has a lot to Love!
Lokale winkel – Shop Port Jefferson
Some Reasons to ” Shop and Buy Local”
- Shopping local creates jobs. Shops in our town create local employment and self-employment. These people in turn spend in the local economy.
- Local shops sell great products at affordable prices. You would be surprised by the range of competitively priced products available locally.
- Shopping locally saves you time and money. You travel less and save your time and fuel.
- Shopping locally retains your community. People don’t like losing shops and services in their town but this doesn’t always equate with how they spend their money.
- Shopping locally retains local distinctiveness. Independent shops create distinctive shopping experiences and stock a variety of different and distinctive products. Local businesses respond more quickly to the needs of local customers, stocking products to meet changing local needs.
- Shopping locally can be greener & saves the environment. Local shops often stock a high percentage of locally sourced goods that do not require long-distance transportation, helping to reduce our global footprint.
- Local shops value you more. Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally. These businesses survive by their reputation and repeat business, which means you get a higher standard of service.
- Shopping local saves local services. As stores,shops and boutiques disappear so do hairdressers, banks, restaurants and other service businesses.