Port Jefferson Economic Development Counsel, The BID and the Chamber of Commerce are sponsoring the first ever ”Heart Warming Winter Festival on Saturday Feb12th 2011 from noon to dusk. This village wide festival will be similar to last October’s Harvest festival which was lots of fun and a great success. This will be a perfect chance to shake your cabin fever and have some fun in Port Jeff. According to sponsors the festival will include various activities around the village, including:
- There will be a live woodcarving demonstration,
- A live ice sculpting demonstration
- Ice sculptures throughout the Village
- Marshmallow roast
- A Chili Crawl – purchase a mug and you will have the opportunity to sample chili at participating restaurants
- A Dine-A-Round – Eat at one of the Village’s participating restaurants and be entered into a raffle to win a $50 gift certificate
- A Shop-Around – spend $20.00 at a participating store and receive a raffle ticket for some special Valentine Day prizes.
Additional activities are being planned and will be announced before the festival. The Port Jefferson Library will be participating and Skating on the Harbor is also planning an event for the festival. This promises to be a wonderful Day. Come and join in the fun and tell your friends and neighbors!
- When: Feb 12th from dawn to dusk
- Where: Various events and activities around Port Jeff Village